There's so much you should have a grasp on as someone diagnosed with an invisible illness. So where's the handbook that explains all that you need to know?
In The Invisible Illness Survival Guide, novelist Robin Parrish shares his own story of living with not one but three invisible, chronic illnesses, and shares the practical things he wishes he'd known from the outset — things that will make managing your health and day-to-day life easier. This pocket-sized guide book provides answers to elephant-in-the-room questions that doctors never talk about.
Navigating your strange new symptoms, dealing with doctors and insurance, the most crucial things you must and must not do, and much more can be confusing and overwhelming. But whatever invisible illness you're facing, you can still have a full, happy life.
This isn't a book about specific medications you should take, or explanations of what symptoms a specific illness will cause you. Inside the pages of The Invisible Illness Survival Guide, you'll find answers to questions like:
- Did I do something to cause my disease? Am I making it worse?
- Can I get my old life back, despite my limitations?
- How do I get others to truly understand what I'm going through?
- Who's in control of my healthcare?
- How do I find the right doctor for me? And how do I avoid the bad ones?
- Can I really trust the modern healthcare system?
- Is it normal to constantly have bizarre, new symptoms?
- Why does taking my meds make me feel worse, and is there a way around that?
- and more...
Coming soon to iBooks, Nook, and more.
Don't settle for coping when you could be living!